This tasty seasonal puree is great for babies 6 months and older, packed full of protein, fibre and vitamin C. You can experiment with different vegetables to make different versions of this recipe, and for babies progressing with their textures you can skip the blending part and mash or chop instead.
Makes: 8 portions
Suitable for freezing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 300 pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A handful of ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml water
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, apple, carrots, pumpkin, garlic and apricots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring up to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend until the desired consistency achieved for your baby’s weaning stage.