This is a great dish for the whole family. Ensure it is prepared appropriately for your child’s weaning stage. The taglietelle is great as a finger food when cut into short strips, and the prawns can also be chopped up small and given as a finger food.
Tip: you can use smaller prawns if you prefer, or use these if giving to infants at an earlier stage of weaning as they are much softer for them to chew.
Cook time approx 30 mins
Suitable from 9 months
- 200g taglietelle
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g king prawns, raw and shelled
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- large handful of spinach, finely chopped
- handful of peas, cooked
- 100ml double cream
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- grated parmesan
Rocket, cucumber and cherry tomato salad to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the taglietelle, and boil for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic until they start to soften.
- Add the king prawns and fry for 3 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain the taglietelle and add this to the frying pan stirring through
- Serve with a mixed salad and garlic bread, pop everything onto the table and let everyone help themselves, helping the younger ones.